In most commercial businesses training is about generating or saving money through more effective operations and processes. The purpose of training is to improve employee performance. Training provides employees with knowledge and confidence that helps them to conduct their job more effectively. This knowledge will be translated into better selling, buying and quality control decisions which will result in increased sales, bigger margins and reduced quality complaints, returns and remediation costs. It has also been proven that investing in people through training increases morale and reduces staff turnover.
The benefits of technical training are even more pronounced with leather, which is a challenging material to understand, being a natural substrate with varying quality and performance characteristics.
Delivered by the industry experts, Eurofins | BLC leather courses are aimed at providing a better understanding of the unique characteristics of leather, product performance, quality and testing, or a fundamental understanding of the leather making process, footwear or product construction and components and the skills required to carry out crucial leather repair.
Eurofins | BLC’s training courses, tried and tested over many years, are geared to all levels in organisations across the leather supply chain. All courses can be adapted to meet specific company or group requirements and delivered on-site anywhere in the world. Courses have been delivered in many parts of the world and in a variety of languages from Chinese to Norwegian.
Course benefits include:
- Increased job satisfaction and motivation through improved product knowledge
- Confidence in identifying leather types and finishes
- A better understanding of the performance and suitability for end use of different leathers
- Quicker identification of faulty leather, preventing defective leathers reaching the customer
- Improved customer service through the ability to give good advice on aftercare treatment for leather products
- An appreciation of the importance of specifications to the global supply chain
- Opportunity to network with suppliers, brands and retailers
All courses can be tailored to address individual company needs and delivered at your premises or at Eurofins | BLC’s premises in Northampton. If you require 10 or more places on any course, why not consider a Corporate Course. The course fee covers up to 20 delegates and includes reference material for each delegate.